Elizabeth Taylor liked this chili so much that when she was on a movie set out of the country, she would have them ship it to her on location.
- 2 cups canned pinto beans
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups canned tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 0.5 cup chopped parsley
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 0.5 cup chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Drain pinto beans.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable of oil in skillet.
- Pour beans, onions and peppers in to skillet. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and parsley to skillet.
- Heat butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a gigantic pot.
- Add beef and cook for 12 minutes. Stir and break beef in to lumps.
- Add chili powder and cumin to pot. Cook for another 12 minutes. Continue to stir.
- Add peppers, onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper to pot.
- Simmer for 60 minutes. Stir often.
- Add beans and water, Continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Optional: Add sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded cheese.
This was a surprisingly pleasurable experience. I wonder what I should cook for my next viewing party: Psycho.